What's new

So what are you thinking now? New thread!

Been off work for the last 6 days. I don't wanna go back!

p.s. just me and 14 guests here

I know the feeling. It was 4 for me and it was really hard to get out of bed this morning.

I'm guessing the cats will be glad to see me leave today. They'll finally get some peace since Sophie will be in a room downstairs while I'm out. :giggles:

Up at 4am. Out the door at 4:45 since I had to hitch a ride to work with the bossman. I am tired, hard to get comfy in this splint. Calling the ortho this morning. I need to be rid of the crutches. They are a pain in my ****. I am actually more sore because of the splint since it forces my foot to stay in the same position all the time. I feel it in my calf muscles.

Jeez, Clars! You're a trooper! Hope it heals quick!
:shesaid:

dayum, you're a pro. Not even a broken ankle stopped you from shopping this weekend. I wish we had a gold star or a trophy smilie because I'd give you 5 of them.
and I'll add another 5 :)

Been off work for the last 6 days. I don't wanna go back!

p.s. just me and 14 guests here
Sorry I was off doing "stuff" but I know the feeling :)

Personally, I'm glad the 4 day weekend is over. Dh just left for work. The kids have school today. Just me and the baby this afternoon. Hopefully he'll take a nap and I can get some cleaning done. They trashed the house this weekend.
Then tomorrow is the twins birthday and dh is off again....

One more day before the kids FINALLY start school. They are being good, but I cannot wait. I told DH that I am not doing **** tomorrow. :surrender:

I am exhausted today and think I caught a cold too. I shopped Thurs, Fri, and Sat and then DH and I had to make dinner for 15 on Saturday night. Did laundry and cleaned up the kitchen yesterday and turned in around midnight (early for me since I usually go to bed around 1) thinking I could get a solid 7 hours of sleep. Well, DS5 woke up screaming at 4 a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep. He finally went back to sleep around 5:30 or 6 but then I couldn't sleep since it was pretty much time to get up and get breakfast, school lunch, etc ready.

UGH. I wish I could veg while he is in kindergarten this morning but I have several errands to run before I pick him up at 11:10. Something tells me it's gonna be a long day. :-(

I am so far behind on this thread :( I have no clue what's up with peeps!

I am glad I heard from my friend Clarissa yesterday...she is still in Puerto Rico and doing well...she has her family to help her watch her son while she works...she wants to skype w/me but I don't have a webcam so not sure if you can use voice only. Also praying DH gets a first shift job...it really is NOT fair to my job to have to leave early so I can get home for him to go work 3rd shift...eventually this is gonna be a problem if he ends up on 3rd shift again....

I am exhausted today and think I caught a cold too. I shopped Thurs, Fri, and Sat and then DH and I had to make dinner for 15 on Saturday night. Did laundry and cleaned up the kitchen yesterday and turned in around midnight (early for me since I usually go to bed around 1) thinking I could get a solid 7 hours of sleep. Well, DS5 woke up screaming at 4 a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep. He finally went back to sleep around 5:30 or 6 but then I couldn't sleep since it was pretty much time to get up and get breakfast, school lunch, etc ready.

UGH. I wish I could veg while he is in kindergarten this morning but I have several errands to run before I pick him up at 11:10. Something tells me it's gonna be a long day. :-(

Feel better soon Karen! Maybe try to take a nap instead of running errands!

Just thinking whether I'm glad my meds(anti-depressants) are working or not. Feel like I'm just going to the other end of the spectrum now. Spent a hour last night before bed writing out in detail my schedule for the next two weeks & I'm not kidding. My eldest makes fun of my lists, but I tell ya if its on the list I get it done. :lol:

P.S.

Checking CW this morning was not on the list. :giggles:

Back to school.
Survived Thanksgiving.

I've been reading a book about how to maintain my cool when dealing with idiots.

I put into practice the, "Let the leash go!" attitude.

We had bigger dogs as pets. When they would pull on the leash when going after a
squirrel, I would never remember to LET GO OF THE LEASH! and would get dragged after them. Why didn't I just let go?!?!?

When my sister started to argue, I just 'let go of the leash'.

It takes two to fight.

I cannot believe something so simple worked so well.
Why did it take almost 40 years to figure this out?!?!

The new snow blower I got to use at my folks' finally arrived. :bliss:

After 3 weeks of screw ups [they delivered an elliptical machine first 2 weeks ago :gah:, then took $100 off the bill for screwing up, they scheduled re-delivery for this afternoon, then they cancelled this morning :gah:, they then rescheduled delivery for tomorrow morning, then actually delivered today :gah:], and after 2 hours of assembly, it is finally in my folks' old shed.

Now it just needs to works its mojo and prevent any more snow from coming this winter.

The new snow blower I got to use at my folks' finally arrived. :bliss:

After 3 weeks of screw ups [they delivered an elliptical machine first 2 weeks ago :gah:, then took $100 off the bill for screwing up, they scheduled re-delivery for this afternoon, then they cancelled this morning :gah:, they then rescheduled delivery for tomorrow morning, then actually delivered today :gah:], and after 2 hours of assembly, it is finally in my folks' old shed.

Now it just needs to works its mojo and prevent any more snow from coming this winter.

:lol: lemme guess, you bought it from Sears. I bought a Kitchenaid mixer from them a few years ago, and they delivered a barstool. I'm the :dunce: because I keep shopping there.

:lol: lemme guess, you bought it from Sears. I bought a Kitchenaid mixer from them a few years ago, and they delivered a barstool. I'm the :dunce: because I keep shopping there.

:hides:

Worse, I bought from Walmart.com
They promised free delivery, it had a headlight, & was cheaper than Sears, Home Depot, Lowes...

DH took the oldest 3 out to Alpine Valley for opening night of snowboarding season so it's just me and the three little ones home tonight and they will be heading to bed shortly. Going to be nice but enjoyable to have a quiet house to myself for a few hours :)

Back