What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I'm thinking, is anyone else annoyed by these, "All things can happen through Christ." folks?

To give some backstory here, a friend I've know for years asked for prayers on FB to help in her battle over cigarettes. I told her I believed in her and that she could overcome the addition. She responded saying, thanks for the belief but she overcame it due to God. I responded saying, "You did this. God can only joyfully look down on your accomplishment." To which she responded with a scripture referencing how Jesus made a man who believed in him whole again.

Bottom line, I'm happy for her, but I'm dissappointed she can't seem to give herself credit for anything physical she does in this world. She can't even say that she did it with God's help. It's all or nothing. Literally... she said "It was ALL God." It's getting to a point where I almost cannot even talk to her without a God reference.

If you don't believe in yourself, how can you believe in God is all I'm saying. Give credit where credit is due.

P.S.

I love God & am not interested in starting a religious debate. Just frustrated with a long time friend who IMO has thrown herself yet again into something else hoping to find that inner peace. I just want her to love herself with or without God.

That today I get my little car back (left it at Dad's been borrowing his truck- thing is HUGE!)

oooh Cool!! when my kids were at a soccer tourney in Mn I saw that place advertised!!

....I am wondering what I have to get done in the next 2.5 weeks to maximize my last days off.....

wahhh I want 2 more months...

Ugh. I hate laundry. It is my least favorite chore. Not that any chore is a 'favorite,' but laundry is lower down than cleaning the dog run....

Ugh. I hate laundry. It is my least favorite chore. Not that any chore is a 'favorite,' but laundry is lower down than cleaning the dog run....

I would rather do laundry than any other cleaning! I like doing laundry, everything is so fresh when it comes out of the dryer!

I'm thinking....
ENOUGH with the rain already! Sheesh.
A week ago we could see the bottom of the river but if it keeps raining it's going to be in our yard again. :surrender:
Why does it have to rain all at once? A nice little shower here or there would be great, but this is rediculous!

It will not rain...I will not clean up water out of my basement again this week

Come on people! Say it with me and maybe it will come true :giggles:

I'm thinking....
ENOUGH with the rain already! Sheesh.
A week ago we could see the bottom of the river but if it keeps raining it's going to be in our yard again. :surrender:
Why does it have to rain all at once? A nice little shower here or there would be great, but this is rediculous!

If you are pregnant , you should not wear ultra low rise short shorts with a 6-7 month belly and leave the zipper undone to accomodate that belly- I mean really- a hair elastic around the button I can deal with but not a fully unzipped zipper!!! Seriously!!!! Serving frozen yogurt no less.

I'm thinking I might need to get the boat down here from the cabin.
SERIOUSLY? It's fricking storming .... AGAIN? :pullhair:

I'm in Dundee - problem is we live on the river and I don't want to live IN the river. Did that the frist year we were here, 2008. DH knows if it happens too frequently, we WILL be moving!

Loving the show but the kids are in the living room on the couches. The storm is really loud upstairs because we have vaulted ceilings. Much more ****led in the living room, but of course they still can't sleep. I'm sitting at the kitchen table with the lights off watching the light show reflect off the river.

bunnee, what city are you in again?

You enjoying the same show I am?

I think you'll be able to hear the rain falling tonight. It was coming down pretty good.
It's stopped here now, getting quiet, light show starting to dim.
Another round on it's way from Rockford. It's supposed to go till 4am. There isn't much room left in the river before it starts coming over the banks. It just SUCKS sooooo bad when it does. The water can surround our house, the basement windows don't leak, but the water comes up through the floor. None of my stock is on the floor and we just emptied shelves for the food pantry tomorrow, but it just sooo sucks to have to clean it up. I pray pray pray the rain doesn't pour like last week. Lighter rain and the river can move it along.

OH crap.....I am not far from the lake...but can't see it from my window...and no chance of it becoming my backyard pool.

I don't think we have actual rain yet....just lightening and thunder....I think. Haven't gotten up to look out the window.

I think you'll be able to hear the rain falling tonight. It was coming down pretty good.
It's stopped here now, getting quiet, light show starting to dim.
Another round on it's way from Rockford. It's supposed to go till 4am. There isn't much room left in the river before it starts coming over the banks. It just SUCKS sooooo bad when it does. The water can surround our house, the basement windows don't leak, but the water comes up through the floor. None of my stock is on the floor and we just emptied shelves for the food pantry tomorrow, but it just sooo sucks to have to clean it up. I pray pray pray the rain doesn't pour like last week. Lighter rain and the river can move it along.

Yeah, the rain has been falling pretty hard here in the Schaumburg area as well. Are you serious that it is supposed to go till 4 am on and off? I sooo need sleep tonight!:surrender:

Back