What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I am loving this "winter" weather!!!!!

Me too! :dance: We were near 60 on Saturday. It was a little cooler yesterday but today through Thursday we're supposed to be in the upper 40's. I'll take it!

No fair, guys!

You might have warm weather now, but I'm for sure not gonna have snow in July......

:gah:

Red solo cup... toby kieth... good lord what a miserably catchy **** song. I hope he makes tons off of it, as that song should be banned. Annoying.

As for the car repairs... $450.00 for new 02 censors... and a tune up. Maybe folks/animals need a reminder around this joint... I am not hiding money nor cat treats up my **** to be able to yank out at ones whim!

Oh. Why do you wanna be an Italian citizen anyway? :bee:

Q. If I'm an Italian citizen, can I live and work in other countries of the EU?

A. Yes, this is one of the greatest benefits of being an Italian citizen. Having an Italian passport is like having a passport to any EU country, allowing you to live and work anywhere. Under the terms of Article 17 (ex Article 8) of the Treaty on European Union, any person holding the nationality of a member state is a citizen of the Union. EU citizenship, which supplements national citizenship without replacing it, grants citizens the right to move freely and to reside on the territory of the member states (Article 18).

http://www.italiamerica.org/id71.htm

If you become a citizen of any European Union country you have the same rights that a citizen gets in each country. For a simple explication "By becoming an Italian citizen I can travel to France and both live and work there without any need for any visa or other registration for the French government. The concept is very similar to the United States. I am a 'citizen' of Illinois so the the Wisconsin government must recognize my 'citizenship' from Illinois and allow me free travel across the border."

Also because you have the standing of a citizen you get all the rights a citizen in granted. This could include free or reduced public healthcare, free or reduced education etc.

There are several reciprocal agreements between other States, countries. If you have ever seen a customs line in a European country and it said EU/EEA/CH, European Union, European Economic Area
, Confoederatio Helvetica (Switzerland) that what these mean.

http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/index_en.htm

Supranational_European_Bodies.png

debate so you were born in the us but can be a citizen there even by living here? I think I missed a few post sorry

Red solo cup... toby kieth... good lord what a miserably catchy **** song. I hope he makes tons off of it, as that song should be banned. Annoying.

As for the car repairs... $450.00 for new 02 censors... and a tune up. Maybe folks/animals need a reminder around this joint... I am not hiding money nor cat treats up my **** to be able to yank out at ones whim!

You're on a roll today missy. :lol:

I am thinking that I probably should not have called my boss an **** when I walked out of work a few weeks ago. Who would have thought she is still thinking about it. Oh wait, she is still an ****.

If you become a citizen of any European Union country you have the same rights that a citizen gets in each country. For a simple explication "By becoming an Italian citizen I can travel to France and both live and work there without any need for any visa or other registration for the French government. The concept is very similar to the United States. I am a 'citizen' of Illinois so the the Wisconsin government must recognize my 'citizenship' from Illinois and allow me free travel across the border."

Also because you have the standing of a citizen you get all the rights a citizen in granted. This could include free or reduced public healthcare, free or reduced education etc.

There are several reciprocal agreements between other States, countries. If you have ever seen a customs line in a European country and it said EU/EEA/CH, European Union, European Economic Area
, Confoederatio Helvetica (Switzerland) that what these mean.

http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/index_en.htm

So you could go to seminary and skip the prelims and be immediately legal to go work for the Pope over there? :lol:

debate so you were born in the us but can be a citizen there even by living here? I think I missed a few post sorry

It was in that post. It is called citizenship by blood. It basically means that you can have Italian "passed down" in your blood.

In my case my grandfather was an Italian Citizen. My father was born before my gf naturalized and "became American." This would make my father "Italian." Since my Father never said I don't want to be "Italian" I can be an Italian Citizen.

If anyone on here is Greek, Italian, Irish or Spanish this could be possible for you also.

A jus sanguinis policy grants citizenship based on ancestry or ethnicity, and is related to the concept of a nation state common in Europe. A jus soli policy grants citizenship to anyone born on the territory of the state, a policy practiced by many countries in the Americas. Many countries have a hybrid birthright requirement of local nativity and citizenship of at least one parent.

Here is the US we have both. If you are born on US soil you are a citizen or if you are born to at least one parent outside the US you are a citizen.

You gonna go to graduate school in Italy Debate?

My DH apparently had a time in his teens (when he turned 18 maybe?) when he had to either declare to keep or turn down both German (his dad was a German illegal alien solider :lol: during the Vietnam war) and French (DH was born on army base in France) citizenship.

You gonna go to graduate school in Italy Debate?

My DH apparently had a time in his teens (when he turned 18 maybe?) when he had to either declare to keep or turn down both German (his dad was a German illegal alien solider :lol: during the Vietnam war) and French (DH was born on army base in France) citizenship.

I don't think I know enough Italian to go to graduate school in Italy. Maybe a country where they speak English. I would love to live in Italy though.

It was in that post. It is called citizenship by blood. It basically means that you can have Italian "passed down" in your blood.

In my case my grandfather was an Italian Citizen. My father was born before my gf naturalized and "became American." This would make my father "Italian." Since my Father never said I don't want to be "Italian" I can be an Italian Citizen.

If anyone on here is Greek, Italian, Irish or Spanish this could be possible for you also.

A jus sanguinis policy grants citizenship based on ancestry or ethnicity, and is related to the concept of a nation state common in Europe. A jus soli policy grants citizenship to anyone born on the territory of the state, a policy practiced by many countries in the Americas. Many countries have a hybrid birthright requirement of local nativity and citizenship of at least one parent.

Here is the US we have both. If you are born on US soil you are a citizen or if you are born to at least one parent outside the US you are a citizen.

My parents were born in Malacca when it's part of Straits Settlements (British territories), I know of people who have obtained UK citizenship that way.

I have the option to do it that way too but, have been putting it off. All my cousins have done it, I just don't see the benefit for myself to do it at this moment.

BTW congrats!!!!!

What should I put in the crockpot for Pat and Jon tomorrow?

Well what do you have? Or do you need to go buy something? How about a pork roast for shredded pork?

That I have no patience. I want to know the results of my MRI now, I'm still a bit steamed they wouldn't let me see it this afternoon. My old doc always let me see the pics immediately. :surrender:

My current doc is flunking.... did she really think that if I was suffering double vision, or any vision impairment, or weakness on one side, etc that I would have waited until 11am to be seen? Hell no. I'd have made an ambulance burn rubber getting me to an ED before her nurse could even put her phone down on the desk:ranting:

Back