What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Wheat or Salty Brine?

I don't miss wheat per se but it would have been nice to have some Toll House cookies tonight that dd made. Salty, yes. No School! I loved to hear his voice. My grandmother (Babcia) would have made DH and I some hot drink after we finished shoveling her out if she had been alive today. When DH was over the road, I would call her at 4 am once he left. I don't think I could call anyone at 4 am today.

I am so BORED. I'm totally antsy & want to do something. Something free or cheap. :lol: If DH doesn't come up with something soon I fear he is going to be dragged around to open houses. :p

Anyone want to take bets on if dh will actually set up the crib this weekend like he said he would?

Its Pepsi for me. I love it so much I would marry it if it was possible.

I don't keep it in the house because I know me.

DH told me this morning that its not fair that if I want to get off coke that I didnt buy any for anyone else.......I asked him if he understood that I can not keep the coke in the house and not drink it

I'm thinking WHY, oh WHY, does it have to get warmer today and melt the pond hockey rink we just FINALLY got across the street????

:37: :gah: :37:

PondHockey.jpg

I'm thinking WHY, oh WHY, does it have to get warmer today and melt the pond hockey rink we just FINALLY got across the street????

:37: :gah: :37:

PondHockey.jpg
I grew up skating on the pond in my folk's backyard. We would skate or play hockey every day. It would be safely frozen solid by usually Dec 15th or so, and we could continue to skate all through January. 80% of the time it was still safe through the February school vacation. Dad & the neighbor on the other side of the pond hung flood lights from several trees on both sides so we could even skate at night. We had 2 giant rinks going non-stop filled with neighborhood kids.

But in the last 20 years, it hasn't frozen like that. There is sometimes open water, as this year, in December & January. By February it is ice free. My nieces have never been able to skate on it, it just has never frozen with thick enough ice to be safe. If you hadn't grow up on their street back then, you'd never know what you were missing.

Pond skating is so much nicer than on an artificial rink.

Hope yours will freeze up this winter.

I can't believe I left the ribs in the oven ALL night. :pout:
They finished pre-cooking, I turned the oven off and never went back in the kitchen.

I grew up skating on the pond in my folk's backyard. We would skate or play hockey every day. It would be safely frozen solid by usually Dec 15th or so, and we could continue to skate all through January. 80% of the time it was still safe through the February school vacation. Dad & the neighbor on the other side of the pond hung flood lights from several trees on both sides so we could even skate at night. We had 2 giant rinks going non-stop filled with neighborhood kids.

But in the last 20 years, it hasn't frozen like that. There is sometimes open water, as this year, in December & January. By February it is ice free. My nieces have never been able to skate on it, it just has never frozen with thick enough ice to be safe. If you hadn't grow up on their street back then, you'd never know what you were missing.

Pond skating is so much nicer than on an artificial rink.

Hope yours will freeze up this winter.

OMGosh!!! that sounds wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnderful, ennui .... DS would be so happy if we had that
daydreamin.gif
daydreamin.gif
daydreamin.gif

Being as it's almost the end of January and rising temperatures for this week, it's not looking too good for us :pout:

oh, and it's not a pond pond...... it's a retention pond, so not only do we need cold temps, but we need the right combination of rain and then quick freeze before it gets absorbed into the ground to have it work.... our pond this year is only a few inches deep :giggles:

a few years ago, it was perfect... lots of rain, quick freeze and that one lasted for weeks :bliss: DS and his hockey friends were over all the time♥♥♥

thanks for sharing your great memories..... so tell me, what position did you play... forward, defense or goalie?
2410_batting_eyelashes-11.gif

Tomorrow's headlines "Kenosha woman murders her husband.".............news at 5:00.

Think Dee has talked to my DH

This morning he has taken everything out of our bedroom and is in super clean mode. Gonna have fresh sheets tonight plus he is rearranging the room...should be interesting

Think Dee has talked to my DH

This morning he has taken everything out of our bedroom and is in super clean mode. Gonna have fresh sheets tonight plus he is rearranging the room...should be interesting

Keep us updated. That could be fun. :lol:

Tomorrow's headlines "Kenosha woman murders her husband.".............news at 5:00.

rut roh....

Yes Lauri I think you can buy a new car in Wisconsin on a Sunday..... my parents used to drive up from Lake County to Kenosha to test drive cars on Sunday when they were shopping for a car since they never had time during the week and dealerships were open in WI.

My husband is the greatest!

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I got a great deal on kitchenaid pots n pans for 50.00 regularly 200.00 Well, my cabinets suck. I do not want to stack the pots n pans in/on each other as it'll scratch them up. I don't want to deal with the styrofoam stuff in them to keep the pan elevated and not rub against each other. While I was out shopping yesterday, he fixed the cabinet. It now has 4 small shelves and he built a lid holder. Seriously, he is fantastic with wood :)

Back