What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

so tell me, what position did you play... forward, defense or goalie?
2410_batting_eyelashes-11.gif
It depended upon who else was playing or on the ice at the time. When the older boys, high school age, were playing I'd generally be doing my best Dorothy Hamill or Katerina Witt impressions.

If the younger kids were playing & they needed a spot filled, I might play defense. I always preferred figure skating over hockey myself.Though I do have a cousin who not only was captain of her college women's ice hockey team, she tried out for the US Olympic team. She was fantastic.

you may have been there..................the church was packed!!:lol:

sorry to hear about gramma.

Mimi's has fried pickles which are GREAT!! they are not listed on the menu though. aaaaahhh they were good!

funny, Friday and Saturday I was having the BIGGEST fried pickle craving. I don't normally eat fried food and haven't had them in years, but was wondering who sells them around here. I just may stop in there for a take-out order of fried pickles.

I am now at 48 a hours...........and everyone is pissed at me becouse I didnt buy sodas at the grocery store Friday

Well I honestly feel sorry for the others in your household though they could buy it themselves. But its up to you, I don't practice what I preach. If ONLY I can't have something around that I'll eat, I don't buy it, its too bad for EVERYONE ELSE in my place. But of course, since I live alone, I don't get any complaints :lol:

and Charlie, you should have seen the mansion you bought for us to live in..I kept asking myself, how did he afford this???

Ok...so what the heck is with fried pickles? My sister just sent me a text that said "fried pickles YUM". I'd never heard of it until I read it in a post here today, and now she's texting me about it? I know Google it newb :lol:

just pickles dipped in a batter, then fried. served with ranch dressing. YUM!!!!!!!

Mimi's cafe also served them with thousand island which gave it a little kick too.

at Mimi's u get a whole plate with both dressings and a cup of coleslaw for $5. I brought leftovers home......I must now go and eat them!!!

So no one else has said who is having pickles for dinner

:shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid: :shesaid:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just signed DD up for the ACT test online, boy they ask to many questions just to sign up to take a test.
This whole college process is driving me nuts, I don't understand what the hell I'm doing or what I should be doing. AGHHHHH

Just signed DD up for the ACT test online, boy they ask to many questions just to sign up to take a test.
This whole college process is driving me nuts, I don't understand what the hell I'm doing or what I should be doing. AGHHHHH

Just ask any questions here. You have both parents and students on this board. HTH

I know there were a few people who mentioned teenager troubles....besides me....so I am posting a link to the contract I am using.

Blank contract form

My son's biggest problem for me right now is his grades. He is very bright, in the "gifted" program at the high school, but is at risk of losing it since he got basically all D's.

His most valuable possession, by the way he behaves, is access to his texting Tmobile. So, that is my main bargaining chip. He always fights about giving it up as a punishment, so I am requiring him to give it voluntarily or worse punishment will occur.

I agree with what Valerie said earlier that a contract will require somewhat "babysitting" a teenager, which is hard for both of us because we have multiple little ones around the house. But I feel like since he's a sophomore, I don't have much more time to influence him and try to push him into making better choices for his future.

Here are my first two:

1. All homework must be turned in, on time.
- consequences -
1. Immediately upon missing any assignment student must tell parent, give explanation. Phone will be lost for 24 hours. Phone must be given voluntarily, or we will call Tmobile and turn it off for 1 week.
2. If parents learn of missing assignment from teacher/portal, we will call Tmobile and turn phone off for 1 week.
privilege - knowing you are getting the easy points, increased trust from parents, also see #2

2. All tests/quizzes must receive grade of B or above
- consequence - You must visit tutoring center for minimum of 30 minutes. For a major test, spend time with tutoring center/with teacher 30 minutes for C, 1 hours for D, 1.5 hours for F. Will need to have paper signed/communicate proof of this.
- privilege - Weekend Xbox access will be permitted during weeks where both 1 and 2 are successfully met.

There are others about respect of parents and household chores. I am writing them up and talking to him at 8 p.m.....

I hope DD put in the colleges she plans to send in her scores to...otherwise they charge you if you don't or if there's more than the set number ( I think it was 3).

couponmom1234 happy to help if you have q's... I have 2 at NIU right now:)

Starting to get the hang of this cooking for 2 thing again. Afthe having the guys home for a month I thought I might be overcooking again...perfect amount for 2 plus just a bit left for DH lunch, ribs are always a welcome leftover lunch:)

Just figures that DH is messing with the "network" and now I cannot print anything (COUPONS) until the morning because football is on.

Ok...so what the heck is with fried pickles? My sister just sent me a text that said "fried pickles YUM". I'd never heard of it until I read it in a post here today, and now she's texting me about it? I know Google it newb :lol:

it's like fried mushrooms, except instead of a mushroom, it's a pickle. Or it's like fried mozzarella sticks, except instead of a mozzarella stick, it's a pickle. Or it's like fried zucchini, except.... well, you know.

the important questions when you're talking about fried pickles: were they chips or spears? breaded in corn batter or flour-based batter? and what kind of sauce was offered for dipping?

Back