What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

to me the best are the chips!!!. Smashburger also sells chips. What other restaurants serve these that peeps know of?

When I had fried pickles (which were OOOH SO GOOD!) they were in a corn batter, they were "chips, very thinly sliced too, definitely dills NOT bread n butter, and they gave ranch dressing as the sauce. I had them 6-8 years ago when I was down south in a restuarant called "the pickle barrel". Oh I miss that place!

to me the best are the chips!!!. Smashburger also sells chips. What other restaurants serve these that peeps know of?

looking for venues for your next wedding reception? :marry:

and I agree, fried pickle chips are the way to go!

I hope DD put in the colleges she plans to send in her scores to...otherwise they charge you if you don't or if there's more than the set number ( I think it was 3).

couponmom1234 happy to help if you have q's... I have 2 at NIU right now:)

I thought I was just signing up for the test not knowing it would take me 45 minutes to do and 10 phone calls to DD because she wasn't home to fill out the questions, the college part I skipped to do later this week.

Do you know of any websites that you can find out what colleges have certain degrees? She wants to get a degree in photography but I'm not sure of all the schools that offer photography.

Tomorrow's headlines "Kenosha woman murders her husband.".............news at 5:00.

Ok so I had a rough morning. We were going to my parent's house (45 min. away) for my Dad's birthday. DH slept in then was moving slow then started watching a movie. I kept asking him to shower. Then he made himself some eggs for breakfast. Fast forward..............an hour later I was in the kitchen and felt heat. He left the dirty teflon pan on a burner that was still on med/high heat. We were about to leave for the day and leave the dog in the house. We could have lost our home but more importantly my gurl!!! :ranting:

Ok so I had a rough morning. We were going to my parent's house (45 min. away) for my Dad's birthday. DH slept in then was moving slow then started watching a movie. I kept asking him to shower. Then he made himself some eggs for breakfast. Fast forward..............an hour later I was in the kitchen and felt heat. He left the dirty teflon pan on a burner that was still on med/high heat. We were about to leave for the day and leave the dog in the house. We could have lost our home but more importantly my gurl!!! :ranting:

is he still alive??

is he still alive??

Yes. I calmed myself and prayed for patience. Thinking about losing my gurl **** near sent me into a full blown anxiety attack!!! I almost never leave her home alone at home. Our last house had a sticker on our door for fireman that had her name in case of a fire so they could call for her, but I didn't get one for this house yet............oh the thought.........:cry1:

:huggy: mrsmom. I would've been irate.

:huggy: mrsmom. I would've been irate.

I was. The **** of the thing is he's a really great man. He makes stupid mistakes like this once in a blue moon (so I can remember a few). It's just that they're such huge mistakes.

I thought I was just signing up for the test not knowing it would take me 45 minutes to do and 10 phone calls to DD because she wasn't home to fill out the questions, the college part I skipped to do later this week.

Do you know of any websites that you can find out what colleges have certain degrees? She wants to get a degree in photography but I'm not sure of all the schools that offer photography.

Where in the world?

http://www.collegeboard.com/csearch/majors_careers/profiles/careers/106447.html

earlier this week I woke up and smelled gas in the house. went downstairs and the burner was on, no flame. called DH and said, sorry but your plan to kill us all was foiled. We laughed but I have no clue who turned it on or failed to turn it off . I am just thankful we are all alive!!!! I imagine it was on for over 9 hours. I had to open lots of windows in the dead of winter to get the smell out/air it out.

I was. The **** of the thing is he's a really great man. He makes stupid mistakes like this once in a blue moon (so I can remember a few). It's just that they're such huge mistakes.

I know you appreciate him. and it says a lot about your relationship that you can already look beyond this, um, incident and realize he is more than just this mistake. I would have been super-pissed, too. besides burning the house down, those nonstick pans release toxic fumes when exposed to high heat.. and it's worse when there is nothing in the pan.

I can never be mad at my DH overnight. I'm just too soft. He has done some dumb and thoughtless things (which I am not going to get into) and I'll get really angry. I'll even tell him he has to sleep on the couch that night, but I always relent.

DAN MAN FRIED PICKLE RECIPE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2336,152178-233207,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

Flour
Ranch seasoning & salad dressing mix
pickles
Canola oil (or any kind)

After hours of searching for a recipe to make fried pickles at 3 in the morning with no eggs we found covering the pickle in flour and ranch seasoning mixed then putting the pickle in the fryer for a 40 seconds on medium to be the easiest, quickest way to make delicious fried pickles!

FRIED DILL PICKLES

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1836,147183-252194,00.html

3 to 4 lg. dill pickles, whole
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. beer
1 tbsp. cayenne
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. garlic salt
3 dashes hot pepper sauce
Vegetable oil for frying

Cut dill pickles into slices of 1/4 inch thickness. Combine flour, beer, cayenne, paprika, pepper, salt, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Dip pickle slices into batter. Heat oil to 375 degrees F. in a large, deep saucepan. Fry pickles until they float to the surface, about 4 minutes. 4 to 6 servings.

FRIED DILL PICKLES

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1836,144181-254193,00.html

1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup ice water
2 tbsp. dill pickle juice
8 medium-large pickles, sliced 1/4-inch
or 4 cups drained dill pickles
Oil for frying

Stir flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in center, add water, egg yolk and dill pickle juice at the same time. Stir until smooth. Cover bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes. Heat at least 2 inches of oil in deep fryer. Dip pickles in batter to coat evenly and fry.

someone suggested adding bread crumbs to mix too and that it made it even better.

Back