What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

The "deal" is a Italian Queen and 30,000 bees for $108, this is actually a good price and the shipping is $104.79 which is freaking CRAZY. The will be arriving on April 26th or April 27th.

We have a hive and all of the stuff to go with it. We (really DH) hasn't kept bees for 3 years now. Not really looking forward to it. I refuse to take care of it. On the plus side our vegetables and flowers will benefit and you can't beat the taste of fresh honey.

Oh and the boys have their own bee keepers attire. Not thrilled about that either. My 4 year old will be so excited. DS2 not so much. He is not a fan of bugs.

Oh and when the box arrives it is buzzing. Last time our mail lady REFUSED to deliver and I had to pick it up at the post office. Let's see what UPS does.

How often do you buy them? How much space do you need for them? As in, are you planning to let them loose in a regular sized yard or maybe a 3-5-+ acre farm?

That's some expensive honey.

We have a pretty large yard for being in the suburbs. They are in a hive at the end of our lot. There is a wrought iron fence around the hive with a gate. Mainly to keep people from messing with it. It is surrounded (all 4 sides) by lots of bee balm. It actually looks pretty. The last batch lasted 3 years. The hive gets covered in the winter and "food" is provided. The key is to keep critters (skunks, raccoons and mice) out.

The hive is registered with the state agriculture department and all of our neighbors know about it. They enjoy the pollination of their flowers and veggies. And they like the "expensive" honey we give them.

Bees don't bother humans. They just want to do their job.

pomegranates are messy!

I CANNOT afford to be sick! Catching DH's cold...my head is KILLING me and I feel like a truck ran over me! blah!

I had forgotten what a clustf*ck the Jewel threads can be when there is a "deal"

:surrender:

Think I'll make some cookies and listen to DMB

I had forgotten what a clustf*ck the Jewel threads can be when there is a "deal"

:surrender:

Think I'll make some cookies and listen to DMB

Lol I know I was thinking that too.
One kinda decent deal = 638317 threads. Lol

And repeats of the same question...

what are these congealed lumps in my merkts cheese? beer cheese no less, ack! stuff is rather nasty, no wonder it was the last stuff left on the shelf.boo!

I need less than 20 more SB's to get another GC.

what are these congealed lumps in my merkts cheese? beer cheese no less, ack! stuff is rather nasty, no wonder it was the last stuff left on the shelf.boo!

Beer cheese? My stores only carry the regular and port wine.........we heart port wine. :drool:

To where?

I can't decide between paypal and Amazon

I always do Amazon. I've got about $80 worth waiting to get used right now. I made the mistake of telling DH that so he started thinking of ways to spend it. He wanted to blow it on a pasta maker. :dunce: WTF?! Um, no I'll use it on stuff we NEED........hello!

Beer cheese? My stores only carry the regular and port wine.........we heart port wine. :drool:
i got it at your woodmans. it is acky. love port wine and the horseradish one. i had 1dollar off cpn and it was on sale for 2.39!!! now i am stuck with two more beer cheese.

Yay I just did a pretty easy one for auto insurance quotes under Super Rewards for 112 SB's! I'm up to 546 now...........enough to get my GC. :cartwheel:

i got it at your woodmans. it is acky. love port wine and the horseradish one. i had 1dollar off cpn and it was on sale for 2.39!!! now i am stuck with two more beer cheese.

Wow that is cheap! Too bad you don't like them though. :nopompom:

Back