What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Beer cheese? My stores only carry the regular and port wine.........we heart port wine. :drool:

Mom’s Sheep Dip (Cheese spread)

1 Merkts or Kaukauna cheese (I use the one with Port Wine
1/2 8 oz. (4 oz.) Package cream cheese or Neufchatel cream cheese
1 1/2 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
1/8 tsp. Garlic powder or to taste
1/8 tsp. Onion powder or to taste
Pinch of Cumin (opt.)
1 Tablespoon Water

Bring cheeses to room temp.
Put all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat with mixer.
Cover and put in fridge.
Best if made 1 day in advance.

Don't ask me WHY Mom called this Sheep Dip! :lol: I have no idea! :sheep1:

Mom’s Sheep Dip (Cheese spread)

1 Merkts or Kaukauna cheese (I use the one with Port Wine)
½ 8 oz. (4 oz.) Package cream cheese or Neufchatel cream cheese
1 ½ Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
1/8 tsp. Garlic powder or to taste
1/8 tsp. Onion powder or to taste
Pinch of Cumin (opt.)
1 Tablespoon Water

Bring cheeses to room temp.
Put all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat with mixer.
Cover and put in fridge.
Best if made 1 day in advance.

Don't ask me WHY this is called Sheep Dip! :lol: I have no idea! :sheep1:

Holy sheep that sounds good! :drool: Are you on pinterest yet? You should pin that. ;)

Holy sheep that sounds good! :drool: Are you on pinterest yet? You should pin that. ;)

make sure to re-read the recipe....I had to edit it because the 1/2's were all gobbledygook!

This is really good! We like it on celery, icama, crackers....what ever!

Not on Pinterest.......:pout:

make sure to re-read the recipe....I had to edit it because the 1/2's were all gobbledygook!

This is really good! We like it on celery, icama, crackers....what ever!

Not on Pinterest.......:pout:

Glad you did I was :dunce: I'll be making that for sure..........i heart all those ingredients.

Well get your **** **** on there!

Holy crap Steve that sounds SOOOO good :drool:

And I'm missing beer now too thanks linkin lol!

# 7000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is my parade???? :lol:

:snicker: I have 'other' fb accts. :lol: I had to remember which one it was! It's hell getting old!:laugh:

Why? Do you have ones for your friends of Dorothy? :flowers:

The "deal" is a Italian Queen and 30,000 bees for $108, this is actually a good price and the shipping is $104.79 which is freaking CRAZY. The will be arriving on April 26th or April 27th.

We have a pretty large yard for being in the suburbs. They are in a hive at the end of our lot. There is a wrought iron fence around the hive with a gate. Mainly to keep people from messing with it. It is surrounded (all 4 sides) by lots of bee balm. It actually looks pretty. The last batch lasted 3 years. The hive gets covered in the winter and "food" is provided. The key is to keep critters (skunks, raccoons and mice) out.

The hive is registered with the state agriculture department and all of our neighbors know about it. They enjoy the pollination of their flowers and veggies. And they like the "expensive" honey we give them.

Bees don't bother humans. They just want to do their job.

That sounds very cool. When you say "pretty large lot"... My yard is 100 x 120.. is that too small? Big enough? If they were just shipped, why aren't they arriving for almost 4 months... they aren't flown? Is it by ship, as it seems a bit of money, quite a long time to sit in a package and aren't the bees going to be very upset for being in a box for almost 4 months? I know, so many questions. Sorry for being annoying but have been thinking of getting into this. Thanks for your time and expertise.

Back