What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

oh my gosh, how do you attempt to plan a vacation with another person???

we have decided to drive to florida in late March (after spring break is over hopefully). so at least we have picked a destination and method of travel.

So now I have to figure out car rental, a place that is relatively cheap to stay (both of us have limited $$) and stuff to do.

I have enough disney dollars to get us into the park for one day each. we really want to swim in the ocean, that is a cheap activity, lol, but I dont know what it will cost to go snorkeling or waverunning or that kind of thing. I want to go out dancing one night and hopefully at least one nice meal.

I have a 3 day car rental that I had won, need to check it out to see if it has unlimited miles. and see how much it will cost for additional days.

I need to do some research on hotels, that is going to be the biggest expense, we want one that has a hot tub and pool and clean rooms.

I have never been to florida. never seen the ocean. I think it will be a great experience for both of us.
happy for you tackling all you nevers!!!! yea!! i am sure you will figure out the best trip ever

oh my gosh, how do you attempt to plan a vacation with another person???

we have decided to drive to florida in late March (after spring break is over hopefully). so at least we have picked a destination and method of travel.

So now I have to figure out car rental, a place that is relatively cheap to stay (both of us have limited $$) and stuff to do.

I have enough disney dollars to get us into the park for one day each. we really want to swim in the ocean, that is a cheap activity, lol, but I dont know what it will cost to go snorkeling or waverunning or that kind of thing. I want to go out dancing one night and hopefully at least one nice meal.

I have a 3 day car rental that I had won, need to check it out to see if it has unlimited miles. and see how much it will cost for additional days.

I need to do some research on hotels, that is going to be the biggest expense, we want one that has a hot tub and pool and clean rooms.

I have never been to florida. never seen the ocean. I think it will be a great experience for both of us.

That sounds like fun! If you end up on the Gulf side, the Sarasota area is really nice, but it's a drive to Disney. Also on the gulf side is Homasasa (sp) Springs has manatees you can swim with. I think there is a fee to get into the state park, but it's minimal. Close-ish to Disney on the Atlantic side, I know Daytona is an hour away. Daytona has seen better days, but it's still nice (my mom has a house there) and because it's not really touristy anymore you might get a good deal on a hotel. End of March is still spring break, but we were in Daytona last year for break & it wasn't crowded at all.

I worked 230 til 930 yesterday. Before I left, I asked Pat to please pick up the living room, scoop the litterbox, and to burn the trash. Not too bad, really.

I came home and NOTHING was done. He sat on his **** on ebay all evening. I said you know, I am gonna come across as a huge **** when i say this, but what the hell did you do all day?? He said I admit I didnt do anything you asked, but will come out here and do the trash and pick up the living room tomorrow. So dont do anything tomorrow while you are off so we are even.

Hmm.

I told him that once he moves home, this WILL NOT BE HAPPENING. I spent the year he was gone working and doing all the house **** myself and he promised he would do his part. Mostly, he has. My ankles have been hurting soo bad because of the cold temps and it hurts to move...him helping to pick up the slack would be sooo nice. I know he works full time and I only work part time but if he thinks he is getting out of housework he is mistaken!

Ugh, rant over. But I am totally doing nothing today. Well, we will see about that. I am looking around my living room and its driving me nuts to see **** on the floor!

I worked 230 til 930 yesterday. Before I left, I asked Pat to please pick up the living room, scoop the litterbox, and to burn the trash. Not too bad, really.

I came home and NOTHING was done. He sat on his **** on ebay all evening. I said you know, I am gonna come across as a huge **** when i say this, but what the hell did you do all day?? He said I admit I didnt do anything you asked, but will come out here and do the trash and pick up the living room tomorrow. So dont do anything tomorrow while you are off so we are even.

Hmm.

I told him that once he moves home, this WILL NOT BE HAPPENING. I spent the year he was gone working and doing all the house **** myself and he promised he would do his part. Mostly, he has. My ankles have been hurting soo bad because of the cold temps and it hurts to move...him helping to pick up the slack would be sooo nice. I know he works full time and I only work part time but if he thinks he is getting out of housework he is mistaken!

Ugh, rant over. But I am totally doing nothing today. Well, we will see about that. I am looking around my living room and its driving me nuts to see **** on the floor!

Um...............:secret::44:

I haven't been on here lately, a lot is on my mind!

I am glad that I finally got my W2 form at work today. I have everything else that I need but have been waiting on this one. I am going to do my taxes tonight so I can get my refund ASAP. I LOVE tax refunds!

Last night my DS2 and I were home alone. I was on the couch and said, "Come here Honey." He pointed to himself and said, "No, Sweetheart, not honey, sweetheart." He's behind in his speech and said it as plain as day. Times like this remind me why I am pregnant with baby #3...not the times when he is throwing huge tantrums in stores and restaurants...those are the times that I have slight panic attacks at the thought of another one, lol.

I finished crocheting an owl hat today. It is SO CUTE! I am going to start selling my hats. I already have three orders for the black/white/hot pink zebra hat and an order for the newborn elf hat. I think I am going to try to make tons of hats and do a craft show. We shall see how that goes....

If you are hosting bunco, and your kids are sick, and they're going to be there coughing and sneezing, you need to warn us so that we can decide if we want to bring it home to our own kids. Once we're already there, it's too late to say, oh yeah, the kids just came down with something YESTERDAY! :ranting:

AND............if you're babysitting for other children....call the parents BEFORE they drive over, get the kids excited about a play date, and expecting to drop them off ................:ranting:

Where is everyone today? :9:

Homework for the next hour, and then I have my nieces and nephew until 11 :surrender:

Kewl then you won't mind if I send my kids over too. :cartwheel:

Kewl then you won't mind if I send my kids over too. :cartwheel:
What's a few more? :hiphip:

Do they like video games? My nephew is glued to his DS, he'd love someone to play games with.

What's a few more? :hiphip:

Do they like video games? My nephew is glued to his DS, he'd love someone to play games with.

Do they?! That's almost all they do. :lol:

Do they?! That's almost all they do. :lol:
:lol: they can go sledding too since there's a decent size hill at the edge of the yard (I live in the middle of nowhere, there's lots of room for them to run and play). Maybe by then they'd all be so hungry that they wouldn't complain about what I make for dinner? :surrender:

almost all of the christmas lights are finally down. now to make sure they work and roll them up before I pack them away. I am thinking that can wait until tomorrow.

I cant wait until vacation. totally not looking forward to 15 hours of driving but definitely looking forward to the ocean and spending some time together! :)

I am thinking that if I can continue to go to the gym for a couple of hours each day, I should be able to get into a smaller size and firm up some (I hope) in the next 6 weeks.

Where is everyone today? :9:
At the beach! Not my favorite beach, by a long shot, but ocean waves are oceans waves. :cartwheel:

I took dad to a doc appointment today, and to celebrate good test results we took a detour on the way home. Too bad it wasn't Wednesday, should be nice & warm then. But it was delightful even though you could freeze your butt off. :lol:

At the beach! Not my favorite beach, by a long shot, but ocean waves are oceans waves. :cartwheel:

I took dad to a doc appointment today, and to celebrate good test results we took a detour on the way home. Too bad it wasn't Wednesday, should be nice & warm then. But it was delightful even though you could freeze your butt off. :lol:

Fun! Glad to hear he got good results. :)

almost all of the christmas lights are finally down. now to make sure they work and roll them up before I pack them away. I am thinking that can wait until tomorrow.

I cant wait until vacation. totally not looking forward to 15 hours of driving but definitely looking forward to the ocean and spending some time together! :)

I am thinking that if I can continue to go to the gym for a couple of hours each day, I should be able to get into a smaller size and firm up some (I hope) in the next 6 weeks.

Wait...I missed it..where did you decide to go?

And You are JUST getting lights down?:faint:

Back