What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

DH's Skype interview was cancelled today and they made him an offer. It is $5k less than we really want, but a substantial increase over what he makes now. He is now talking with another company that he interviewed with to see if they will make him an offer. So excited, but still nervous at the same time.

Cookies always take LONGER to decorate than I thought they would :hb:

and YES, I KNOW this by now.... yet I STILL procrastinate :gah:

I need to clean my kitchen and figure out dinner but I'd rather be on here.

:huggy: What kind of insurance only covers up to $5000? You sure it's not that it doesn't kick in until she hits $5000?

:shesaid: That's pretty much useless.

And my boobs are getting way too huge.

:pic12:

And bras.

Yes, and bras. DS got in the car after school and said "Hey you're wearing jeans! I haven't seen you wear jeans in years." :redface:

Hey, I'm wearing two so I've got Rebecca covered!

Thanks babe. :flowers: As soon as I got home the jeans and bra came off.
boobs.gif
grannyboobs.gif

DH's Skype interview was cancelled today and they made him an offer. It is $5k less than we really want, but a substantial increase over what he makes now. He is now talking with another company that he interviewed with to see if they will make him an offer. So excited, but still nervous at the same time.

That's great! Good luck!
Cookies always take LONGER to decorate than I thought they would :hb:

and YES, I KNOW this by now.... yet I STILL procrastinate :gah:

:hah::laugh:

Thanks for the recap mrsmom! Made it easier to read quickly as I should be cleaning and not on here!

Stopped breast feeding yesterday so I need some extra compression and support. The girls are killing me.

Ouch. Was the boob feeding not going well or you just wanted to be done with it? (just curious)

Me either. I have accomplished very little today. :)

I accomplish very little everyday. :9:

Stopped breast feeding yesterday so I need some extra compression and support. The girls are killing me.

Did you quit cold turkey by choice? I didn't have any problems with Lex, but I slowly dropped feedings/pumping and it was a piece of cake.

Did you quit cold turkey by choice? I didn't have any problems with Lex, but I slowly dropped feedings/pumping and it was a piece of cake.

Been dealing with cracking issues on/off for about the past 6 weeks. Tried a million things, they'd heal for two days and then crack again. Because of these issues, I'd weaned down to just pumping twice a day for the past few weeks. Got a big crack on Sunday that turned into an oozing sore so I decided yesterday that I'd had enough. I usually only last about four months and figured I went 5 1/2 months this time and I honestly couldn't take the excruciating pain anymore.

Sorry if that falls into TMI.

ETA: I've weaned with all 6 and always have this pain, soreness, fullness, feels like boulders for about 4 days.

Been dealing with cracking issues on/off for about the past 6 weeks. Tried a million things, they'd heal for two days and then crack again. Because of these issues, I'd weaned down to just pumping twice a day for the past few weeks. Got a big crack on Sunday that turned into an oozing sore so I decided yesterday that I'd had enough. I usually only last about four months and figured I went 5 1/2 months this time and I honestly couldn't take the excruciating pain anymore.

Sorry if that falls into TMI.

ETA: I've weaned with all 6 and always have this pain, soreness, fullness, feels like boulders for about 4 days.

I don't think this board ever has a TMI.

I bet the timing is the difference. I wanted to make it a year, but around 10 months I wasn't producing enough and had to start supplementing with formula. I get the pain - I fell asleep when Lex was latched on (he was maybe 3 days old) and he used me as a soother for a couple of hours. Holy crap that hurt.

These look like what the nurses gave me to fix me up and they worked wonders.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameda-Comfo...-/110752987472?pt=Feeding&hash=item19c9647950
or
http://www.amazon.com/Ameda-17262-ComfortGel-Pads/dp/B000BUOS8Y
Never had a problem again (as long as I remembered to use them) and I was super careful about positioning.

Even though you've already quit, why don't you see if you can't get some to help you heal.

Yikes Valerie I remember that pain (the cracking)................it's like nothing else. :huggy:

Soothies are awesome, like what Canadia posted. I've also heard cabbage in your bra? Never tried that though.

My sister works for Medela so she has stocked me up on Pruelan, Hydrogel pads and Breastshells. They all work great to heal but then when I would go back to pumping 4-5 times a day, they'd crack worse than the time before. So I'm throwing in the twel and yes, I feel a little bit guilty about it.

My sister works for Medela so she has stocked me up on Pruelan, Hydrogel pads and Breastshells. They all work great to heal but then when I would go back to pumping 4-5 times a day, they'd crack worse than the time before.So I'm throwing in the twel and yes, I feel a little bit guilty about it.

Don't!!! You're a wonderful mama!!! :hiphip:

My sister works for Medela so she has stocked me up on Pruelan, Hydrogel pads and Breastshells. They all work great to heal but then when I would go back to pumping 4-5 times a day, they'd crack worse than the time before. So I'm throwing in the twel and yes, I feel a little bit guilty about it.

you have nothing to feel guilty you did the best you could and lasted as long as you could, they got alot of breast milk better then none and your health and comfort are also important

What's with the Spanish speaking only offer on the slider on SB's?! :fart:

Back