What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brewers hit a grand slam. :duh: Guess you're not watching the game. :lol:

ETA: hey Lauri why can't you go and take pics of DSS at his Aunt's house? :9:

Brewers hit a grand slam. :duh: Guess you're not watching the game. :lol:

mrsmom you grew up in Wisconsin closer to Milwaukee than Chicago.. how did you become a Cubs fan and not a Brewers fan?

mrsmom you grew up in Wisconsin closer to Milwaukee than Chicago.. how did you become a Cubs fan and not a Brewers fan?

Dh's family are all Chicago fans. His Grandfather grew up in Chicago. I never cared about sports when I was younger. Then several years ago I fell in love with the Cubs (mostly cause of Ryan Theriot and Mark DeRosa). :lol: Now I follow the Cubs closer than DH does. :cartwheel:

Dh's family are all Chicago fans. His Grandfather grew up in Chicago. I never cared about sports when I was younger. Then several years ago I fell in love with the Cubs (mostly cause of Ryan Theriot and Mark DeRosa). :lol: Now I follow the Cubs closer than DH does. :cartwheel:

Got it, you married into it :foryou: ah at least Brant Brown means nothing to you. When was the first Cubs game you went to?

Got it, you married into it :foryou: ah at least Brant Brown means nothing to you. When was the first Cubs game you went to?

Before we had kids. Nana, Papa, MIL, FIL, me and DH all took the train down. They were not good seats. Then DH took me to my second game a few years ago. I told him since I don't go all the time like he does, I was great seats so he spent a bundle and got good seats. I have pics of Theriot and others from just a few feet away. :bliss: But alas I've only been to two games.
DH took DS12 to his first Cubs game when he was 3. DH took him walking around up top for a while where they ran into Ron Santo. He was really nice and signed DS's hat (we never let him wear it again after that lol).

I've been to two Bears games. The first one I was preggers with DS#2 and it was a rainy, miserably cold day. I bundled up, put my head on DH's shoulder and slept through the whole game. :hides: The second one I had an anxiety attack as soon as we got there so I spent the first half in the bathroom puking.............no more Bears games for me. :surrender:

Love it when controversial topics earn lots of swagbucks.

Attachments

• sb59.jpg
    sb59.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 29
anybody else have first baseball game stories to share?

DS10 has a friend who's dad's job is entertaining big clients. His company has box seats to every major sports team. All of them (corporate suites etc in all the venues). Last weekend they sat 4th row at the Cubs game. I have no idea what they would have cost but if he has no clients they use them for free.

DS10 has a friend who's dad's job is entertaining big clients. His company has box seats to every major sports team. All of them (corporate suites etc in all the venues). Last weekend they sat 4th row at the Cubs game. I have no idea what they would have cost but if he has no clients they use them for free.

that was my friend in high school, back before Cubs games were kind of a status and business entertaining thing so the seats were almost an albatross for her dad. The seats were awesome, almost always available, and we didn't know how good we had it.... I hope your DS enjoys it.

that was my friend in high school, back before Cubs games were kind of a status and business entertaining thing so the seats were almost an albatross for her dad. The seats were awesome, almost always available, and we didn't know how good we had it.... I hope your DS enjoys it.

That is how I got my love for the Cards. I went to games all the time with my Dad as a young kid. We always got amazing seats. Went to countless games including tons of playoff games and opening day. In high school, my best friend and I went to many games and went to batting practice before hand and hung out and met a lots of the players. We liked sitting in the bleachers so we could talk to the guys in the bullpen. Sadly, my dad has a new rule at work that he cannot accept tickets from vendors. So it looks as though I am going to have to call one of the guys if I want tickets this year.

So you became a Cubs fan because of him and he became a Lutheran because of you. :giggles:

mostly cause of Mark DeRosa

Back off my man biatch :giggles:

anybody else have first baseball game stories to share?

My dad (whom I never got along with) was not really a "goer or a doer" but when I was about 8 he and my uncle took me, my twin and my sister a year older plus our 2 cousins who were the same age to a game at Wrigley. I don't even think I knew what professional baseball was before that, but I remember standing in front of our seats taking it all in and thinking it was a magical place. I realize now what an undertaking it was for them to take 5 little girls to Wrigley!

I was absolutely fascinated by it all. That's still the first thing I do when I go to a game, get there a little early, stand in front of my seat and just take it all in like I've never seen it a kajillion times :giggles: Wrigley is my Mecca :)

But it was my dad's mom and her sister that got me really hooked on the Cubs themselves and baseball in general. Oh how they used to yell at the TV...and never missed a game on TV if they could help it.

So you became a Cubs fan because of him and he became a Lutheran because of you. :giggles:

Right but if you ask his mom, he'll always be Catholic. :rolleyes:

I was absolutely fascinated by it all. That's still the first thing I do when I go to a game, get there a little early, stand in front of my seat and just take it all in like I've never seen it a kajillion times :giggles: Wrigley is my Mecca :)

So totally how I feel about Busch. Also, I loved working for the AA Cardinals team. It was amazing standing in the stadium looking out on the field before all the fans arrived. Loved getting paid great money to serve beer and watch the game.

So totally how I feel about Busch. Also, I loved working for the AA Cardinals team. It was amazing standing in the stadium looking out on the field before all the fans arrived. Loved getting paid great money to serve beer and watch the game.

details!!

Thanks for taking about this you guys. some of my earliest memories were my grandma and grandpa taking me to baseball games. It was tradition for our family to go to a game on Mothers Day (Chicago or Milwaukee) and tomorrow is going to be sad without grandma. she would swear at the games and she had unadulterated opinions about most of the players. she taught me how to keep score on paper and I still do that :pout: she would xerox a blank scorecard and keep score at home too; she said it helped her get a better feel for the players than just observing.

KG I'm jealous. I don't yet know how to keep a score card..............it's on my bucket list. I've picked up a few things about keeping score by listening to Len & Bob though.

Back