What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

CW meet up at Wrigley? KG can teach us all, and then correct our errors when we are too drunk to follow her instructions! :lol:

:huggy: She'll be there....you won't see her, but she'll be there

about three years ago, my aunt, a Sox fan, took my grandma (Cubs fan and ex-Sox fan) to a game at the Cell. Grandma heckled the Sox fans so bad that my aunt swore she would never take grandma to another game there :giggles:

Lex went to his first ball game when he was only 8 weeks old. Everyone was stunned that I took a baby that young. It never occurred to me that I shouldn't. He even had on a cubs outfit.

I'd be up for a CW meetup at a ballgame! Have to continue the take the baby to a ballgame tradition.

Lex went to his first ball game when he was only 8 weeks old. Everyone was stunned that I took a baby that young. It never occurred to me that I shouldn't. He even had on a cubs outfit.

I'd be up for a CW meetup at a ballgame! Have to continue the take the baby to a ballgame tradition.

baby sniffs AND baseball? :bliss: :bliss:

KG I'm jealous. I don't yet know how to keep a score card..............it's on my bucket list. I've picked up a few things about keeping score by listening to Len & Bob though.

you should toadily learn and then teach your boys! it makes you pay more attention to the game, and you can see Bill James things better, like fielding errors aren't that big a deal and don't often result in runs scored (it's just that the ones that do are bigger in your mind)

my brother and I met up for a game in Minnesota a few years ago... and once in our seats, we both busted out our clipboards and scorecards and we had the exact.same.scorecard we had downloaded free from the interwebz (there are probably thousands of them). It's my favorite scorecard to use and it's his too, completely independent of any discussion with me. It confirmed that we're more alike than any other two people in the world.

someone smack me if i sound esoteric.

CW meet up at Wrigley? KG can teach us all, and then correct our errors when we are too drunk to follow her instructions! :lol:

there's no such thing as too drunk to keep score. in fact the clipboard is a convenient place to put your beer.

there's no such thing as too drunk to keep score. in fact the clipboard is a convenient place to put your beer.

But that would mean actually setting my beer down :duh:

I couldn't possibly :15:

:lol:

Can I smuggle in a flask of Captain's? :bee:

My neighbors are building a fire and want me to come out (DH is at the movies with DS12) but I'm so comfy watching Pretty Woman.............we shall see.........................

You could in a diaper bag.

You know how there is a bag check at the gate and they poke around with a stick to see what you have in there? Well Lex was in a sling since I couldn't think what to do with the stroller at the game. Of course it looked like a bag when I was walking in so they had me go through the bag check. Another dumb moment was when I didn't realize they wouldn't recognize it as a baby sling and they started to poke with the stick. The guy did not believe me when I said there was a baby in there.

Of course everyone had to come and check.

At any rate they never did check the sling, they were too busy oohing and ahhing over the baby.

I saw a Braves fan do this at Turner Field.. it was strapped to his ankle. He sat near us, ordered a Coke, calmly crossed one leg over the other, took out the flask and poured.

details!!

Thanks for taking about this you guys. some of my earliest memories were my grandma and grandpa taking me to baseball games. It was tradition for our family to go to a game on Mothers Day (Chicago or Milwaukee) and tomorrow is going to be sad without grandma. she would swear at the games and she had unadulterated opinions about most of the players. she taught me how to keep score on paper and I still do that :pout: she would xerox a blank scorecard and keep score at home too; she said it helped her get a better feel for the players than just observing.

What a great tradition and that you shared with your grandparents! Your grandma will surely be there in spirit with you there tomorrow!

I worked for the AA Cardinals in Springfield while I was in college. The field was brand new and super nice for a minor league team. I worked in the suite running food and busing the suites afterwards. Some games I was assigned to catering where you set all the food up and served beer during the game. We were stationed on the bottom deck so it was perfect to watch the game. The tips were super nice in the suite and catering b/c most people tipped 20% on hundreds and even thousands of dollars. I told DH that I wanted to retire in Springfield and be a usher at the field.

I don't pay much attention when I am at a game and drink. I actually prefer being sober. The one and only time I went to a Sox game I didn't watch a single second of the game. DH got tickets from his work that were right behind home plate. There is a before game buffet with free alcohol, and then they bring free food and alcohol to your seats. At the end of the game DH and I both said we didn't watch any of the game. We were just drinking, talking, and having a good time.

I brought bottles of sprite that were mixed with flavored vodka into a Cards game. Do they let you brink in food and drinks at Wrigley?

I don't pay much attention when I am at a game and drink. I actually prefer being sober. The one and only time I went to a Sox game I didn't watch a single second of the game. DH got tickets from his work that were right behind home plate. There is a before game buffet with free alcohol, and then they bring free food and alcohol to your seats. At the end of the game DH and I both said we didn't watch any of the game. We were just drinking, talking, and having a good time.
shoulda kept score ;)
I brought bottles of sprite that were mixed with flavored vodka into a Cards game. Do they let you brink in food and drinks at Wrigley?

yes they do, but no glass bottles and you can only bring water in factory-sealed containers.

If your DH a Cards fan too? :bee:

I got our corporate seats at the Cell in that section when I was at Solo and took DD19 & her BFF for an 8th grade graduation present (she's a Sox fan) she thought I was the coolest mom EVAH! Got the parking pass too which was fabulous

This is what DS says:
Mommy's a Cardinals fan.
Daddy's a Cubs fan.
AND Daniel is a Cardinals fan.

DS is very smart and refers to himself in the 3rd person.

DH claims that he likes the Cubs, but couldn't tell you one player who is on the team.

I got our corporate seats at the Cell in that section when I was at Solo and took DD19 & her BFF for an 8th grade graduation present (she's a Sox fan) she thought I was the coolest mom EVAH! Got the parking pass too which was fabulous

You are the coolest mom EVAH! Those seats rock!

I broke down and bought a dedication dress for a baby girl. I have only bought one other "girl" item of clothing and that's a take home outfit, but I couldn't resist.

It was only $10.00

[URL="http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/clearance/kids/newborns/PRD%7E932229/Carters+Jacquard+Dot+Sundress++Baby.jsp"]Jacquard Dot Sundress
[/URL]
And then of course I had to buy the Youngland Mock-Layer Patchwork Seersucker Dress

It was only $7.00.

Hopefully I have that out of my system until baby arrives.

Glad you got to splurge a bit. Girls clothes are amazingly cute. If we ever have a girl I know buying clothes for her will be hard to resist.

I broke down and bought a dedication dress for a baby girl. I have only bought one other "girl" item of clothing and that's a take home outfit, but I couldn't resist.

It was only $10.00

http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/websto...erm=Jacquard+Dot+Sundress&bmUID=1336873314051Jacquard Dot Sundress

And then of course I had to buy the Youngland Mock-Layer Patchwork Seersucker Dress

It was only $7.00.

Hopefully I have that out of my system until baby arrives.

Too cute! Girl clothes are sooo much easier to buy than boy clothes IMO (which is good and bad :giggles:)

Back