What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

DH just left to go watch the Bulls game at the Tilted Kilt with the guys, hopefully he'll be watching the game......trying to figure out what I want for dinner and which girly movie I want to watch first.

yeah, now I want one with more memory.... apparently 80 hours isn't enough.

DH is constantly wanting me to delete stuff off there. One time I caught him about to start deleting my stuff and he got a talkin' to. :eek:hreally:

DH is constantly wanting me to delete stuff off there. One time I caught him about to start deleting my stuff and he got a talkin' to. :eek:hreally:

I KNOW!! some things have to stay on there!! He wanted to delete The Princess Bride after we watched it... :surrender:

With our new signup for the service, we got 3 free months of premium movie channels like HBO... so I'm recording lots of movies I've never seen. Because 3 months runs out quickly, and I'm not paying for it after that, so I feel compelled to "stockpile" the movies. Record now, watch later.

Yeah, I know I'm weird. And yeah, we have a good library with free movies all the time.

My BF is at the game tonight...starts at 7 on WGN, not like I'm going to watch it though!

When I saw online photos of the Tilted Kilt uniforms I was so happy I declined going there once when we drove by (without knowing!).

My favorite things are not having to choose between two shows I wanna watch and I can just pause a show I'm watching when the kids need something instead of either missing a good part of shooshing my kids (bad I know).

My favorite things are not having to choose between two shows I wanna watch and I can just pause a show I'm watching when the kids need something instead of either missing a good part of shooshing my kids (bad I know).

totally! It seems like people only call here in the middle of a game. Now I can pause the game and answer the phone. what a concept! I also like that it will record several weeks' episodes of a show; nice for going out of town.

Baylor has the worst looking uniforms I've ever seen.

yeah, now I want one with more memory.... apparently 80 hours isn't enough.

Is that HD? Mine holds 20something hrs of HD, which is why it's always at least 50% full. :surrender:

I'm thinking that sometimes life really sucks & there is nothing I can do about it.

My cousin Charlie has had to give up driving, he had been getting lost. He can't remember how to eat some foods now. He's becoming more & more confused. He isn't even 50 yet. :pout:

Alzheimer's sucks.

I am lovin my new glasses after being without glasses sense Monday afternoon its nice to see

I'm thinking that sometimes life really sucks & there is nothing I can do about it.

My cousin Charlie has had to give up driving, he had been getting lost. He can't remember how to eat some foods now. He's becoming more & more confused. He isn't even 50 yet. :pout:

Alzheimer's sucks.

Oh my gosh ennui I'm so sorry..................not even 50..............**** that's rough. :pout:

:huggy:

Alzheimer's sucks.

Sorry Ennui! :(

Oh my gosh ennui I'm so sorry..................not even 50..............**** that's rough. :pout:

Thanks

What is worse is that he has 2 kids, one is a hs senior & the other is still in elementary school. Don't think Charlie will even remember who the younger one is by the time the boy graduates hs. :cry1: Charlie's going downhill so fast. He doesn't even remember he has Alzheimer's sometimes now, he asked his 82 yo dad what was happening to him yesterday. :cry1:

Is that HD? Mine holds 20something hrs of HD, which is why it's always at least 50% full. :surrender:

no. I don't know how much it holds exactly; I just know I want more.

Alzheimer's sucks.

:huggy: I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how difficult that must be.

ennui that has to be impossibly difficult for all.

Is there a history in your family?

ennui that has to be impossibly difficult for all.

Is there a history in your family?
Nope.

Our great-grandmother lived to 93 & was a multilingual sharp tack until the day she died. Our grandparents died of strokes & heart attacks, with no sign of any dementia. His mom's side had no dementia either, they tended to pass from cancer.

We & his docs think the early Alzheimers' may be a result of any of 3 things in Charlie's background. He was in a car accident at about 8yo, split his head open, had a concussion, & stitches. He played football all the way up thru his senior yr of hs, [he was varsity even as a freshman], & suffered a few head bumps as a result. In high school & through his 20s, he screwed his life up drinking & doing some drugs before straightening his life out. Any of those three [car accident, football, or drugs/drinking], alone or in combination may have triggered or left the door open to the early onset Alzheimers. This is killing his parents, they've already lost one son to suicide. Now Charlie is slipping away :cry1:

Nope.

Our great-grandmother lived to 93 & was a multilingual sharp tack until the day she died. Our grandparents died of strokes & heart attacks, with no sign of any dementia. His mom's side had no dementia either, they tended to pass from cancer.

We & his docs think the early Alzheimers' may be a result of any of 3 things in Charlie's background. He was in a car accident at about 8yo, split his head open, had a concussion, & stitches. He played football all the way up thru his senior yr of hs, [he was varsity even as a freshman], & suffered a few head bumps as a result. In high school & through his 20s, he screwed his life up drinking & doing some drugs before straightening his life out. Any of those three [car accident, football, or drugs/drinking], alone or in combination may have triggered or left the door open to the early onset Alzheimers. This is killing his parents, they've already lost one son to suicide. Now Charlie is slipping away :cry1:

:huggy: and prayers for you and your family, ennui. We're here to listen.

mrsmom it's rare but sometimes people do get early onset alzheimers. my Grandma's cousin married a woman who suffered from early onset alzheimers and passed away before she turned 50. It happened before I was born, and the family doesn't speak about it much, so I don't know details. I can't even imagine how painful it must be.

Thanks for the info ennui.............again...............so, so sorry. :pout:

I went through this with my FIL, but he was in his early 60's (which is too young)...........he had to retire early and I saw the frustration he lived daily. My kids would always ask me "Why does Papa keep asking me the same questions?" :pout:

Agreed............it sucks.

Thanks for the info ennui.............again...............so, so sorry. :pout:

I went through this with my FIL, but he was in his early 60's (which is too young)...........he had to retire early and I saw the frustration he lived daily. My kids would always ask me "Why does Papa keep asking me the same questions?" :pout:

Agreed............it sucks.

:pout:

I am so sorry Ennui...it is such a terrible disease! I used to work in a nursing home on an alzheimer's unit and although I LOVED my job I hated seeing what it did to the family of the people who were there. It was so hard on them to deal w/their loved ones lack of memory. Blessings to all those who have to go through this!

Back