What's new

What do we think: Joe Paterno

Is there ever a good time? Is this to mean "triggered because they were denied admissions", as in its retaliatory?

it was indeed a question of PURE curiosity --as in did they mention anywhere why the boys decided to come forward now--PURE curiosity on my part --I didnt mean that they should have come out at a better time

Ok, no offense was meant focadima, was simply asking is there ever a good time to report it? Surely, it would be seconds after the rape happened. Many times though, it takes a long time for the truth to come out. Along with dealing with the shame, the disbelief and followed by the accusation of what did you do to bring this situation on yourself? Its a huge fiasco.

I am not so much referring to the Penn state incident. My message is more of a why someone may not report immediately.

Now about penn state... try being the accuser. Against a University? To some, that maybe easy to say shhh be quiet, bring no shame on this family.

Not 100% sure I would run to the POLICE if I heard a good friend who I respected was doing something like this--I mean someone could have told you this to be malicious..the police that could be a spiraling mess--think johnnysma..

I really don't get why Jeni (johnnysmomma) had to be brought into this thread in the first place.

Secondly, I know this will rub people the wrong way, but why do we always have to dance around Jeni's feelings? You know what, yes, it does suck that your husband went to prison for a sex crime that he may or may not have committed. The little girl that accused him and possibly was molested by him is not here to give her side of the story. Just because someone is a member of CW and says that her husband is innocent means that we should blindly support her? We haven't heard both sides and I really hope for the girl's sake that what Pat plead guilty to was some fabrication and that she is getting the mental and emotional help that she needs.

the sick f**k might enjoy it

what a mfer!

I wouldn't think he'd enjoy it much if he was gang raped in jail - though the punishment should fit the crime imo. My guess is that Sandusky is going to try to commit suicide before he goes to jail. I also suspect that Joe Paterno is likely going to suffer some ill health as a result of this -- he probably can't eat right now, he's old, frail, and emotionally ruined. It wouldn't surprise me if he suffers a heart attack or some kind of serious breakdown in the near future.

DH was just listening to The Score talk radio, and someone said that two well respected news journalists have started investigating and digging into information that boys from Sanduskys program, Second Mile, were "pimped out" to wealthy individuals who were financial donors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by focadima
Not 100% sure I would run to the POLICE if I heard a good friend who I respected was doing something like this--I mean someone could have told you this to be malicious..the police that could be a spiraling mess--think johnnysma..

I really don't get why Jeni (johnnysmomma) had to be brought into this thread in the first place.

Secondly, I know this will rub people the wrong way, but why do we always have to dance around Jeni's feelings? You know what, yes, it does suck that your husband went to prison for a sex crime that he may or may not have committed. The little girl that accused him and possibly was molested by him is not here to give her side of the story. Just because someone is a member of CW and says that her husband is innocent means that we should blindly support her? We haven't heard both sides and I really hope for the girl's sake that what Pat plead guilty to was some fabrication and that she is getting the mental and emotional help that she needs

I had only mentioned it because I am ALWAYS too quick to accuse someone and listen to bits and pieces of jeni's story has helped me open my eyes a little bit

and I dont recall people dancing around her feelings--well I dont read every post--and I can be quite naive about what is written in posts...

I wouldn't think he'd enjoy it much if he was gang raped in jail - though the punishment should fit the crime imo. My guess is that Sandusky is going to try to commit suicide before he goes to jail. I also suspect that Joe Paterno is likely going to suffer some ill health as a result of this -- he probably can't eat right now, he's old, frail, and emotionally ruined. It wouldn't surprise me if he suffers a heart attack or some kind of serious breakdown in the near future.

DH was just listening to The Score talk radio, and someone said that two well respected news journalists have started investigating and digging into information that boys from Sanduskys program, Second Mile, were "pimped out" to wealthy individuals who were financial donors.

that is sick

Secondly, I know this will rub people the wrong way, but why do we always have to dance around Jeni's feelings? You know what, yes, it does suck that your husband went to prison for a sex crime that he may or may not have committed. The little girl that accused him and possibly was molested by him is not here to give her side of the story. Just because someone is a member of CW and says that her husband is innocent means that we should blindly support her? We haven't heard both sides and I really hope for the girl's sake that what Pat plead guilty to was some fabrication and that she is getting the mental and emotional help that she needs.

I don't have to dance around anything. She simply asked for support while she goes through a difficult time. :fart:

she posted a comment that came across as controversial to some. that's all.

... I really hope for the girl's sake ...that she is getting the mental and emotional help that she needs.

agreed.

Are you American? No need to hate on football. I bet that football program has paid for some of those labs and the rest.
This is one of the many cultural differences between New England/New York and some other parts of the country.

We generally don't give a rat's **** about college sports. We view colleges & universities as places to be educated, where the future lawyers, physicians, engineers, scientists, & teachers, etc. are nurtured and enlightened. Higher education is not viewed as the place to cheer on a sports team. If we want to watch & cheer for sports teams, we turn to the pros, semi-pros, or kids leagues.

This is one of the many cultural differences between New England/New York and some other parts of the country.

We generally don't give a rat's **** about college sports. We view colleges & universities as places to be educated, where the future lawyers, physicians, engineers, scientists, & teachers, etc. are nurtured and enlightened. Higher education is not viewed as the place to cheer on a sports team. If we want to watch & cheer for sports teams, we turn to the pros, semi-pros, or kids leagues.

Ouch. Yeah we love our Badgers here! :woot: :cartwheel:

66-07886-1-P.jpg

I did not read most of the previous 12 pages of posts but this is what I posted on facebook..

well football is more important than any innocent child (sarcasm), most of these idiots prove that..........how many more children were abused becouse some idiot, any idiot didnt pick up the phone and passed it along the chain of command, I cant believe it got passed the witness becouse I know what we would have done if we came upon that the morgue would have needed to come along with the cops

adding now............the witness shoulda called the cops, Patrino should have called the cops, everyone who was told about this should have called the cops........ALL of them should have been fired and SOME of them, esecially the witness, should be jailed, to walk in see that and turn around and walk away what kinda sick morally repugnant man was the he is as bad as the molestor how many other children were hurt becouse he 'told his boss'

I don't give a rat's **** about college sports either. Thus, I think nothing of it. Hadn't even heard of Joe Paterno prior to this. But the Penn state students that are rioting are ****ing morons.

I don't give a rat's **** about college sports either. Thus, I think nothing of it. Hadn't even heard of Joe Paterno prior to this. But the Penn state students that are rioting are ****ing morons.

I call bullshit.

I'd never heard of him either. :hides: I also just watched my first college football game last week- Purdue v. WI.

Call it whatever you want, but it's true. WTF do I care about Penn State?

Wow. Are you like into race cars or rodeos or sumptin'?

I don't think I heard about him. I don't watch sports.

I was wondering why Jessica Simpson's dad was fired. Don't they call him something like that Pa Joe Simpson or some crap?

BTW, I would love to walk into a room where McCreary's wife is getting anally raped and make eye contact with both of them and stroll out and call him asking what I should do. Then tell him I should go to his house and we'll talk about this tomorrow.

BTW, I would love to walk into a room where McCreary's wife is getting anally raped and make eye contact with both of them and stroll out and call him asking what I should do. Then tell him I should go to his house and we'll talk about this tomorrow.

That is genious.

:hiphip:

Back