What's new

What do we think: Joe Paterno

I don't even want to imagine a life without little league. :pout:

1998: According to the grand jury report, an 11-year-old boy’s mother called university police to complain after finding out her son had showered with Sandusky. A state Department of Public Welfare investigator told the grand jury that Sandusky had showered with the boy (Victim 6) and hugged him and “admitted that it was wrong” and promised to not shower with the boy again. The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

Verrrrrrry interesting, I just read that this DA who didnt file charges went missing and his lap top minus the hard drive was recovered in the river. Was just recently pronounced dead but no body ever found.....:surrender:

Verrrrrrry interesting, I just read that this DA who didnt file charges went missing and his lap top minus the hard drive was recovered in the river. Was just recently pronounced dead but no body ever found.....:surrender:

Interesting....I saw a show about his disappearance on Discovery ID not that long ago.

Wow. Are you like into race cars or rodeos or sumptin'?

Remote control boats? :snicker:

Just read that new reports are going to be released about Sandusky that he possible "pimped" out some of these young boys to donors.

There are lots of folks who don't give 2 craps about ANY sports, none, zilch.

They don't follow any pro teams, no Olympics, no hs sports, no little league...

I know, but acting like sports are the devil is silly. Organized sports are a wonderful thing.

All I can say is...I wish these "straight" coaches, politicians, priests, etc, would stop giving us legitimate homos a bad name.

All I can say is...I wish these "straight" coaches, politicians, priests, etc, would stop giving us legitimate homos a bad name.

:spit: :ha:

I find it alarming that TWO men witnessed children being raped on TWO occasions, BOTH were hugely disturbed by what they saw and told others but never followed through with reporting it to authorities.

Besides the grad student who told Paterno, there was the temporary janitor who saw a child pinned against a shower wall receiving oral sex and reportedly was so upset that those he spoke to about what he saw "thought he might have a heart attack". His supervisor supposedly told him who he could report it to but neither he nor the supervisor did so.

How could they be so upset and not take it further when they saw nothing happening to stop this? The janitor saw the Sandusky and the boy walking out together hand in hand so he knew this child was still stuck with this sick man.

I also think that in this case we have multiple corroborating witnesses. The stories match up (except for the upper level folk who were charged with perjury). We know this happened multiple times. This is not like many other cases that you hear of where there is not much proof either way.

Many children were abused here and many adults did not act when they saw or suspected something was wrong. If more had been like the mom of the victim who came home with wet hair and she pursued it all the way including confronting Sandusky with a wire on, then this would have stopped a long time ago and fewer children would have suffered for the rest of their lives because of Mr Sandusky's sickness.

I know, but acting like sports are the devil is silly. Organized sports are a wonderful thing.
I never said sports are bad, however they should never be the central focus of educational institutions. Community based sports are terrific, but sports should never be considered more important than education.

Look at the behavior of the adults at Penn State in handling this since it started years ago, and how the jerk students have behaved since the school pres & Paterno were fired and I dare you to tell me that their values aren't totally ****ed up. Why are they all more concerned about some **** game instead about the lives of those young boys who were sexually abused?

I love my Sox & Pats but is still just silly games with adults and a ball, child's play. Not real work, child's play.

Just because some folks don't care about sports doesn't mean they think it is evil, they think it is boring and they have other interests.

Organized activities are terrific for kids & adults but they encompass far more than sports. My town has an organized community chorus, an orchestra, several bands, chess clubs, robot building teams, drama club & theater company, etc.

There are lots of folks who don't give 2 craps about ANY sports, none, zilch.

They don't follow any pro teams, no Olympics, no hs sports, no little league...

This is my DH.. couldn't care less. In fact my BIL is the same.

Just because some folks don't care about sports doesn't mean they think it is evil, they think it is boring and they have other interests.

Organized activities are terrific for kids & adults but they encompass far more than sports. My town has an organized community chorus, an orchestra, several bands, chess clubs, robot building teams, drama club & theater company, etc.

nerd.gif
:p

wow! That is unreal

Back