What's new

What is your take on the Arizona illegal immigration situation?

I think Arizona is bringing something to the attention of the country that must be addressed. The people that should be hauled in are the EMPLOYERS and not the illegals. Once they start fining and putting Employers in jail that will automatically stop the illegals from coming across.
The Fed is against what they are doing and are going to challenge them in the courts. I hope they keep it up as something must be done.

But hey as long as he/she does our **** work cheap it's fine right???

He/She has every right to be here............:sign2:

Sorry I worked in enough restuarants when I was younger that "switched owners" every few years so they didn't have to pay a business tax and as long as they took a month long vacation back "home" they were welcomed back to open a new business and again pay no taxes....and this was the legal way of doing things!!!! Our system is screwed no matter what way you look at it!!!!!!

Praying for the officer and family!!!!

That is what is F@cked up,we have people in town complaining about a new college coming because they do not get taxed.Yet they have businesses constantly getting new owners and they do not get taxed and you wonder why our economy is the way it is.Equal opportunity tax every business.

That is what is F@cked up,we have people in town complaining about a new college coming because they do not get taxed.Yet they have businesses constantly getting new owners and they do not get taxed and you wonder why our economy is the way it is.Equal opportunity tax every business.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

These people broke into the country, they then need to get a job which means if they work for anything other than cash, they need a legal identity (this means identity theft many times) and then when they get a job, they need to get to the job. This means they drive. So at least 1 of 3 crimes have been committed. Illegally being in the country, identity theft and driving with no license.

This sums up my thoughts to a "T"
Let's say I break into your house.
Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.
But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest
(except for when I broke into your house).

According to Senor Berns:
You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest,except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your
house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there. It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

You forgot that now you take 40% of the house and send it back to your homeland.

I agree something needs to be done. I'm upset that our government is doing NOTHING about this issue.

But I think Arizona is going about it the wrong way. Anything that could open up racial profiling should try and be avoided. Would you be happy if you were a US Citizen and you kept being asked for proof of citizenship just b/c of the color of your skin?

Well I think on your card when you become a citizen it tells you that you must keep it on you at all times.

Well I think on your card when you become a citizen it tells you that you must keep it on you at all times.
Not really. I am a naturalized citizen and when I got my naturalization papers,

I was adviced during the oath-taking to get a US passport immediately since that will serve as my proof of citizenship if I can't produce the naturalization document. I was told it was not easy to replace naturalization documents.

I don't know of anyone who shows a copy of their naturalization certificate.

I think Arizona is bringing something to the attention of the country that must be addressed. The people that should be hauled in are the EMPLOYERS and not the illegals. Once they start fining and putting Employers in jail that will automatically stop the illegals from coming across.
The Fed is against what they are doing and are going to challenge them in the courts. I hope they keep it up as something must be done.

Just a thought, maybe they should arrest the Employer & illegals & stop giving ANYONE a pass.

Not really. I am a naturalized citizen and when I got my naturalization papers,

I was adviced during the oath-taking to get a US passport immediately since that will serve as my proof of citizenship if I can't produce the naturalization document. I was told it was not easy to replace naturalization documents.

I don't know of anyone who shows a copy of their naturalization certificate.

Oops confused the two. I meant keep that "green" card (perm resident card).
Ex mistah lost his and took about another year to get his papers/perm. resident card reissued and convert to a citizen. He was supposed to have that card on him at all times.

His mother nagged him when he was younger to just pay I think $90 to convert it over and about a month waiting and never did. Ended up costing about $800ish and a hassle. It's the only time he said he should have listened to his mom. :lol:

I agree something needs to be done. I'm upset that our government is doing NOTHING about this issue.

But I think Arizona is going about it the wrong way. Anything that could open up racial profiling should try and be avoided. Would you be happy if you were a US Citizen and you kept being asked for proof of citizenship just b/c of the color of your skin?
They would do that? In a place like Arizona? You're ****tin' me.

You mean like I'd have to carry an ID every time I took a run around the block? Or was a passenger in a friend's car on a date? Or was sitting at the beach, out for some sun & surf? Or walked with the kids to the playground? I'm going to need an ID virtually every time I step out of my house? Even though it isn't REQUIRED by the US Constitution?

They would do that? In a place like Arizona? You're ****tin' me.

You mean like I'd have to carry an ID every time I took a run around the block? Or was a passenger in a friend's car on a date? Or was sitting at the beach, out for some sun & surf? Or walked with the kids to the playground? I'm going to need an ID virtually every time I step out of my house? Even though it isn't REQUIRED by the US Constitution?

But having a driver's license or needing insurance to drive a car isn't required in the Constitution either. Our founding father's had a lot of foresight but even they weren't that good! When new problems develop we as a nation or as a state should be able to come up with laws that address that particular problem.

So let me get this straight, George Washington didn't have a drivers license OR insurance?
That wooden teeth mutherf*(ker.

I'm leaning against this now.

So let me get this straight, George Washington didn't have a drivers license OR insurance?
That wooden teeth mutherf*(ker.

I'm leaning against this now.

:roll:

did NOT read this whole thing.

I think most STATES require you to carry ID at all times. Maybe I am wrong....but I thought you were supposed to carry your State ID or License to ID you if a police officer wanted to speak to you for any reason.

Then again, I don't have much experience being approached for anything by the cops...and always have my ID in my purse on me. So, I could be wrong.

The show Cops made me think we were supposed to have ID at all times. I blame TV

Pretty sure you need an id only if you're driving.

if there was a 52 year old Polish lady of relatively short stature with very flat feet and blue eyes and multi-colored graying hair and a very sparkley personality
2410_batting_eyelashes-11.gif
in my neighborhood committing crimes daily, I would not consider it profiling if the police asked me for my ID. Since I had done nothing illegal, I would not be worried. I would understand because I knew they were just doing their job and not taking it out on me personally.

Back